Reader Review of the Week

Consreviews_1

It was pretty tough to pick a winner for our no-prize-attached Reader Review of the Week award this Halloween week. After sifting through dozens of new submissions, we thought we were being treated to tricks galore, especially after not one but two confused entries stated that the B in BMW stood for British, as in British Motor Works. We’re hoping they’re not the people responsible for BMW’s Wikipedia entry.

Luckily we received one treat in our search, from Thomas in Miami, Fla. Thomas just bought a new 2007 Ford Explorer and details why he made the switch from a Bavarian Motor Works 3 Series to Ford’s bread-and-butter SUV. Read the full review below, and if you really want to help us out please contribute a review of your own vehicle right here.

2007fordexplorer

"It took me a while to give up my BMW 325i for a large (at least to me) SUV, but after several weekend trips I'm glad I made the switch. Of course, going from being single (when I got the BMW) to having a significant other, her daughter, and two dogs may have something to do with my point of view.

“I knew going in that fuel economy must suffer, but I've only given up about 5 miles/gallon, which I find amazing when you consider the car is about 1,200 pounds heavier.

“I'm a believer in rear-wheel-drive, fully-independent-suspension vehicles, so I didn't give up anything there going from the BMW sports sedan to a midsize SUV.

“What amazed me more than anything was how quiet the new Ford Explorer is. It is an equal in quietness to the BMW 525i (which I had before the 325i) and better than the 325i.

“While it took me a long time to convert to SUV land (I'm always late on trends), I'm glad I waited until Ford got the Explorer right



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий