HMX – rear brake lines, rear axle

HMX - rear axle, primed

Keep pecking away at the components for the rear suspension and rear axle swap. On the axle front, I spent a good part of the last three weeks scraping caked-on grease from the pumpkin, then went at it with some Simple Green and a scrub brush until I felt that primer and paint would actually stick to it. For a paint color, I was thinking bright yellow, just like the monster trucks of the 1980s.

painted Model 15 axle

But Home Depot didn’t have any Screamin’ Yellow Zonker paint when I went the other day, so I settled on flat black.

rear brake lines laid out

rear brake lines bent

Once I finally tracked down a rear brake hose from Rock Auto, I bent up new hard lines using the old lines as templates. The old lines hadn’t started leaking, and I probably could have salvaged one, but I felt it best to go with entirely new lines just to be on the safe side. Next up is replacing the shoes in the drums, then I can slap the whole unit under the car.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий